What strikes one about 95% of all upmarket homes in South Africa is the absence of an evaporative cooling system on their patio/deck/swimming pool areas.
Why would that be?
More than likely the architects, owners and/or developers had a below-par experience with a previous patio misting system or three.
A professionally installed misting system will not only add value to the property it will also bring immense pleasure and joy to the occupants of the home. Imagine after a hard day’s night one can simply sit on the deck or patio and feel the cool breeze generated by the rotating fans (fitted with misting nozzles).
What should such a system comprise?
- a minimum 70-bar quality imported misting pump (a typical garden tap only produces 2 bar and an irrigation pump 6 bar at best)
- state of the art misting nozzles that do not drip during non-misting sessions (most irritating)
- misting nozzles that do not ‘wet’ the air, floor, guests, plated food (more than irritating)
- low noise pump, low water consumption, low rpm motor, low energy usage (low = best)
- either a 3/8″ nylon high-pressure and/or 9,53mm stainless steel seamless tubing
- oscillating fans fitted with misting rings make the perfect natural breeze
- as an optional extra – a built-in thermostat to switch the pump on/off automatically
- remote or smartphone control is another useful extra to have
- aesthetically pleasing installation with hidden misting tubing (especially on new homes)
- colour-coded stainless steel tubing to blend in with the existing architecture
- indoors can also be cooled down but may require an exhaust fan to prevent condensation build-up
- swimming pools can also be more fun with a rolling mist effect
Where do you find such reliable professional expertise?… go to http://www.polarafrica.co.za